Updated: Oct 31, 2022
Main Street Update: 10/31/22
The great news is 99.9% of the project is complete. All the paving has been completed. There are a few more small projects they are working on. The striping of the road and parking spaces should be completed this week. They were going to finish it Today 10/31, but due to the weather they couldn't. There will be sections closed to paint these areas. All the light poles are install and they will be connecting the last few lights this week. Remember the grand reopening of Main Street will be on Nov 10th 5 - 8 pm.
Main Street Update: 10/18/22
The paving was suppose to be completed on the main street from Depot to Mulberry today. However, the asphalt company, providing our supplies, closed today without notice. They are scheduled to begin tomorrow morning with the paving again. They will be finishing all the paving early next week providing no more delays in supplies.
Main Street Update 10/6/22
1. The milling of the parking spaces on the South Side, from Pink to Mulberry, will begin Monday morning 10/10/22. On Tuesday they will pave those areas.
2. The milling will then move to the North side from Pink to Mulberry. Paving will be on Thursday.
3. They will then finish areas from Depot to Pink the proceed to final paving from Pink to Mulberry.
4. They are going to try to keep the road open and closing only on the side they are working .
5. Parking is available in the North Alley, South Alley, Main Street/Chamber and the community building.
6. Following the completion of Main Street they will then move to paving the side streets. Depot, Bates, Pink, Jacob, Oak and parts of Mountain.
These dates are all based on weather. The completion is VERY close.
Cherryville Main Street Program Update: 9/28/22.
We are coming to the final weeks of the Main Street revitalization! A huge amount of work has been accomplished in 15 months and we thank you for your patience and especially the merchants!!
1. All of the sidewalks have been poured from Depot to Mulberry and they are finishing up some side street areas as well. This should be completed by Friday 9/30/22 minus some very small work off main street.
2. The brick pavers are done from Pink to Mountain street and work will continue to have these completed (baring weather) by the 1st of next week or sooner from Mountain to Mulberry.
3. The planting in the bump-outs will continue this coming week and are scheduled to be done (weather permitting) by the end of next week.
4. The light poles and electrical boxes are being finished in the bump-outs this coming week.
5. The milling of Main Street from Depot to Mulberry will begin next week. They will be milling the parking spaces along the sidewalks 1st and then paving those to assure the alignment of the pavement and proper drainage. Areas will be closed and NO parking will be permitted in those area!!! while the work is being done.
6. Once the parking spaces are complete they will begin milling and paving the street again from Depot to Mulberry. Certain sections of the roads will be closed during the day to allow this process. They will be opened at the end of the day.
7. The Main Street/Chamber parking lot has been completed except for the striping and that is being schedule soon.
8. They are beginning the clean up along with the above projects.
9. CELEBRATION!!! On Nov 10th, 5pm to 8pm the Cherryville Main Street Program will host a "Celebration of the Completion of Main Street". You are invited! There will be a Ribbon Cutting, band, food trucks, wine and beer trucks and give aways and other attractions. Several merchants are hosting special sales for this evening Please mark your calendars to celebrate with us!. More information will be coming soon!
Public Notice: On Tuesday, September 20th, 2022, The south alley, off of Oak Street, will be close to have the parking spaces lined. Parking is available behind the community building.
Main Street Update. 9/14/22
1. The planting continued this week. The Japanese Zelkova trees are in the bump-outs from Pink - Mulberry.
2. The sidewalks from Oak to Mulberry are ready for curbing and the sidewalks will be poured next week, followed by the inlaid bricks.
3. The back alley behind McGinnis has been paved.
4. Monday 9/19/22 - Works is scheduled on the Main Street/Chamber parking lot. It will be closed a good part of this week.
5. The new street paving work is tentatively scheduled to begin next week. (updates will be announced) As of now it is to start at Depot work towards Mulberry.
6. The electrical boxes in the bump-outs are being installed. Those are the black round things in the bump outs to allow for vendors for festival and events and lights.
7. The new street lights will be continue to be added as the work progresses.
Main Street Construction Update:
On Monday 9/12/22. 8:00 am. Mountain Street will be a 1 lane from 1st street all the way to City Hall. This will be flagged for traffic. Also Main Street Will be closed from Oak To Mulberry, they will be working in the Mulberry area. This work should be completed at an estimated time of 12:00 noon
Main Street Update: 9/6/22
1. The sidewalk continues this week on the North side and the brick work as well. They will be finishing down beside the mural as well.
2. They are working on the Southside and will be finishing the bump-outs at Mountain this week to allow easier access to the Southside merchants.
3. The area behind McGinnis furniture should be paved this week to Pink Street.
4. The sidewalk demo work on the Home Trust/ BB&T side of Mountain street is now complete. It is scheduled to get the curbing poured 1st, then the sidewalks.
5. Some of the Trees have been planted between Depot and Pink Street. More plants to come.
6, Next week the MainStreet/Chamber parking lot is scheduled to be paved. Some grading is going to be done to allow better draining. It will be closed for a week for parking.
7. A new cement pad will be poured in the South Alley parking for the recyclable bin and trash cans. We are researching ways to install a closure so this is hidden from a private donation.
We continue to thank you for your patience as we draw closer to completion of this MAJOR revitalization of main street. This will make Cherryville a true place "Where Life Blossoms".
Main Street Update 9/1/22
The work continues in removal of the old sidewalks from Home Trust Bank to Mulberry. This is the LAST
of the sidewalk removal.
1. They have completed the sidewalks on the North Side of Main From Depot to Mountain and are doing the brick work today. 2. Depot to Pink bump-outs - the new dirt has been place in preparation for the new plantings. 3. They are pouring new sidewalks on Oak street today and should be continuing to pour on the South Side of main this week. 4. The new curbing and brick work in the Mini park has been completed and the fill in dirt will follow. 5. The electrical supplies in the bump-outs are being installed. 6. The new street lights are being installed as the sidewalks are completed from Pink to Mulberry.
We continue to thank you for your patience as we complete this revitalization of Cherryville's Main Street. Everyday we are closer to completion! "Where Life Blossoms".
Main Street Construction Update 8/26/22
Beginning Monday, August 29th, 2022 the construction crews will begin working on the sidewalks on the South south of the street. This is the Old BB&T building side. They will be removing the sidewalks and preparing for the curbing and new sidewalks. As this point, they do not plan on closing the road but it will be one lane on the South Side, Home Trust Side, unless there is a unsee reason at this point. Another update status will come next week on the times they will begin working on the North Side, Home Trust side.
Main Street Construction Update: 8/25/22:
The sidewalk construction continues on both the North and South side of Main Street this week..
1. The curbing will be poured on the South side this week. It's already poured on the North Side.
2. The sidewalks are being poured on most of the North side today.
3. They will work on the Mountain Street sidewalks under the New Years shooters mural and beside Rustic Roots.
4. They will work in the Mini Park finishing up the new curbing.
In the next 2 weeks they will be moving to the Home Trust side of 5. Main Street to begin the new sidewalks.
6. The new street lights are being installed from Pink towards Oak Street this week.
7.Larger crews will be joining the team this coming week to help with progression.
8.The inlaid brick work will move along as the sidewalks dry.
The process is moving and we are seeing progression each day towards completion. Our Main Street will be awesome very soon! We continue to thank each for your patience and understanding
Main Street Update 7/29/22 The South Alley is now open for parking! It will be striped at a later day. We will advise you when that is scheduled.
We will pick up your trash cans on Monday for pick up on Tuesday. The trucks can not drive on the new pavement.
The sidewalk construction will move forward this coming week on both north and south sides of main street. The 1st part of the construction will talk about a week or so, then they will put the frame work up for the sidewalks and then pour the cement. This pouring process goes very fast and you can usually walk on the sidewalks the next day.
They are schedule to do the parking area behind the Main Street/Chamber office this coming week. Once that's completed, they will then move back to the North side to work on the road from the Pink Building to Pink Street along the railroad track.
We continue to thank you for your patience and support during the revitalization. Our Downtown is going to be amazing!!
Main Street update 7/22/22: They will begin paving the South Alley on Monday 7/ 25/22. They are schedule to be behind the south alley area 1st, then move behind the Main Street/Chamber office. According to the contractor this should take about a week. Once the paving is completed in this area, the sidewalk construction will begin soon on the South side of Main Street.
Main Street Program Update: 6/28/22 They will be paving at the drive through at City Hall tomorrow 6/29/22. Please use the kiosk on the opposite side of the building during this repair or come inside. Thursday 6/30/22 they will be paving beside and behind Home Trust Bank.
Main Street Updates: 6/27/22. - The construction for repaving the South Alley has begun today. They started behind the Main Street/Chamber building and also in the small Alley behind Annalise. They will be removing all the damaged pavement from my building to behind the Belk building parking lot in the south alley over this week preparing for new pavement.
They will continue the sidewalk construction from Pink street to Jacobs street for the next 2 weeks. This area of Main Street will be closed during the day.
Main Street Update: 6/24/22, The construction team will be saw cutting the curb areas all through Main Street today and next week. They will not be in each area long and will move down the street from Pink to Mulberry. Today, they are at the Pink Building and moving towards Oak Street. As they move down both sides of the street, they will close certain parking spaces for safety and when they are done, they will move the cones. This will allow for the process to move faster through the next few weeks for the sidewalk installation.
Main Street Update 6/21/22
1. They are still working in the North Alley. As with everything else, there is issues with getting the asphalt. They are hoping to finish this week.
2. They want to begin working in the South Alley as planned but need to assure they will get the asphalt 1st before they begin digging.
3. They will finish the sidewalks between Depot and Pink today or early tomorrow.
4. They will be doing surveying from Pink to Mulberry to prepare for the sidewalk construction.
5. They will be doing saw cutting from Pink Street to Jacobs street on both sides this coming week. This will not close the front of the stores, just cutting to prepare the outlines of the sidewalks
6. In the next 2 weeks, they will begin construction of the sidewalks between Pink and Jacobs street on both sides. This will take approximately 3 weeks. During this time the Main Street parking will be closed to those merchants.
Main Street Update: 6/9/22
1. They will finished the patch paving beteeen Mulberry and Main this week.
2. They will be repairing the areas between Home Trust and Bennett Insurance on Friday 6/10/22.
3. They are patching between Depot and Bates and areas of those streets. Then moving up Main to repair at Pink and also Jacobs street.
4. They will be closing Mulberry to Mountain on Friday 6/10/22 to do in insertion valve and patch that area as well
5. They are continuing working on the North Alley and should have that area ready and estimated within the next 2 weeks
Main Street Update: 6/6/22. Asphalt crew will be closing N Pink from RR tracks to Main tomorrow and Wednesday from below Kingdom to Main then rest of week closing down main at areas of road crossing from pipe installation to pave
Main Street Update 5/20/22
1. The North Alley is being prepared now leveling and temporary topping, this should be done and open with in 2 weeks. They will remove all the broken and damaged pavement and completely install new paving
2. They are then moving to the South Alley and the parking lot behind the community center to do the same process. They will remove all the broken and damaged pavement and completely install new paving
3. You will be able to park in these areas soon.
4. After they finish the leveling and temporary surface, they will then Totally pave the North alley and the street behind McGinnis furniture all the way to Pink Street. They will then mark the Parking spaces.
5. They will then move to the Chamber/Main Street Parking area and the areas behind Annalise all the way through to the final paving of the South Alley.
6. They are doing this in preparation of the sidewalk and street scape work so parking will be available.
The street construction remains from Depot to Pink street for a few more weeks
7. Merchants will then be provided a ESTIMATED time schedule the work will begin in front of each building.
8. Once all the sidewalks, bump-outs and curbing is complete, they will then pave the entire Main Street from Depot to Mulberry at the conclusion of the project for completion.
Each area completed is one more step closer to completion of this awesome project. Thank you for your help and patience and understand! We are going to be an awesome Main Street "Where Life Blossoms".
Main Street Updated 5/12/22
The curbing and sidewalk construction continues from Depot Street to Pink Street this week through estimated May 20th 2022. They will then move forward to work from Pink Street through Main Street the following week. The North and South alley work will begin estimated the week of May 16th 2022 with preparing the site for new paving and parking areas.
Main Street Update 5/6/22
The construction continues from Depot to Pink street with the installation of the new sidewalks, bump-outs, and light poles. This work will take 3 to 4 weeks. They are also working along all of Main Street installing new electric
al systems and storm drains.
Main Street Updates 4/26/22
The revitalization work will be between Depot and Pink Streets for the next few weeks. They are installing the new sidewalks, curbs, planting area. this section of Main Street will be closed Daily from 7:00 am until 5:00 pm.
Main Street Update 4/21/22
We will be closing Main down from Pink to Jacob starting today thru next week for storm drains install. AT&T is installing a new post and lines and updates in the North Alley today that's been causing issues with OUTDATED wired and connections. They will be working there today and some tomorrow. In case you have some minor phone interruptions today.
Main Street Update 4/13/22
1. Tomorrow 4/14/22 Sealand will be working at Main and Mountain installing storm drains. They will have flagmen (on Mountain Street) and have a one lane road through the day.
2. They will move next week to Mulberry Street and installing a Fire Hydrants and they will close Mulberry from Main Street to Academy for this installation. (More information will be provided)
3. This coming week of 4/18/22 They will continue working on Main Street to install the irrigation system in the bump-out at Houser Drug.
Main Street Update 4/12/22
The entrance to the Mini park parking area from Main Street will be closed 4/13/22 to allow for construction work. You can use the North alley from Mountain Street to enter.
Main Street Update 4/11-15/22
The construction company will be working on Main Street this week to install new storm drain systems and irrigation systems.
Main Street Update 3/30-31/22
Public Notice: Oak Street, off of Main, will be closed on Thursday 3/31 and possibly Friday 4/1 to allow for waterline work. Main Street
will be open but possibly flagged areas.
Main Street Updates 3/28/22
Public Notice: The road between Main and Mulberry will be closed to install the connection to the of the waterlines. 3/29/22
Main Street Updates 3/14/22
The Main Street areas at Main street and Mountain will be closed during the day on Tuesday March 15th and Wednesday March 16th to install irrigation lines to our coming bump out sections at that intersection.
Main Street Update 3/9/22 :
The Main Street section
between Mountain and Mulberry will be closed on Thur - Mon March 10 - 14th, 2022 to install new
waterlines to the buildings in that section.
Main Street Updates 3/4/22
The section between Mountain Street and Mulberry Street will be closes Friday March 4 through Saturday March 5th for waterline installation work.
Main Street Updates 2/23/22
The installation of the waterline between Home Trust Bank and Mulberry street is going to take longer than originally planed. There are some underlying cement that must be removed to allow for the waterline to be installed. Once the line is installed, the hook ups to the buildings will be done, again, having to cut through hidden cement. This should be completed and that part of the street will re-open next week.
Main Street Updates 2/16/22
A section of Main Street will be close from Bennett Insurance building to Mulberry street, on Friday, February 18 until 4:00 pm and Monday Feb 21 and possibly Tuesday February 22nd to finish the last part of the new waterline construction. All merchants and residents in this area have been advised. We thank you for your understanding as this will complete the new waterline installation.
Main Street Update 2/10/22
Jacob Street, beside the Main Street/Chamber office, will be closed on Feb 10th for waterline installation
Main Street Update 1/27/22
Oak Street will be closed through the night of 1/27/22 and tomorrow 1/28/22 to finish the work.
Main Street Update 1/24/22
Water Line Work: S Mountain St, one lane will be closed and traffic will be flagged in the vicinity of the drive-thru to the city building 1/24/22
Main Street Update 1/24/22
Street Closing: 1/24/22. S.Jacob Monday and Tuesday 1/22 and 1/23. Then S.Oak Wednesday and Thursday 1/24 & 1/25 for waterline installation
Main Street Update: 1/6/22
The new sewage system and gas lines 99.9% are complete for our Main Street project. They are finishing the South alley now with the new waterlines and will be working in the parking area between City Hall and the BB&T building to hopefully finish all the new water lines by the end of January. They will then begin working on some minor areas finishing hydrants etc. We are working on plans to get the North Alley and also the South alley ready for parking. We will keep you advised once the decision and work plans are finalized to begin working on the awesome new street scape. They are a bit ahead of schedule and we continue to hope for great weather to progress even faster. We again thank you for your patience and excitement! Our Main Street is going to be Awesome!!
Main Street Update: 12/14/21
The construction continues this week in the South alley behind the Main Street/Chamber of Commerce Office all the way to Mountain Street. The installation of the main water line is being laid. They will be also working to connect the water to the South Alley buildings over the next few weeks as well.
Main Street Update 12/7/21
Public notice: The water line on Jacob street between Main and Academy Street was accidentally cut this morning during construction. It is being repaired now. Main Street
Public Notice: Jacob street will be closed From the Chamber of Commerce office to Academy street this week from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm to allow for the new Waterline work to continue.
Main Street Update 11/29/30
Public Notice: Road Closure
Mountain street In front of Carolina Freight Museum will be close tomorrow 11/30/21 until 5:00 pm for sewer line work. Pink street from Main to behind Kingdom Fitness will be close in the morning and then Pink from the Rail Road to Main will be closed around 10:00 am until 5:00 pm for water line.. That will leave Mulberry and Depot access to downtown from the 1st Street side of town. Thank you!
t Update: 11/24/21
Road Closure: Hwy 274 between 1st street and Main Street (in front of Carolina Freight Museum) be closed on Tuesday Nov 30th from 7:30 am til 5:00 pm for Main Street construction project.
Main Street Updates 11
Pink Street from the Rail Road track to Main Street will be closed 11/19/22 to work on the new water lines.
Main Street Update 11/5/21
N.Alley at Pink street will be closed down until the end of next week for water main testing and tie in. The week of Nov 8th through 12th, 2021.
Main Street Update 11
Public Notice: The intersection of Main and Pink will be closed tomorrow to allow new water line work. 11/02/21
Main Street Udates 10/25/21
Main Street will be closed today from Pink street to Academy due to construction.
Main Street Updates 10/22/
Public Notice: Dominion Energy will be blocking the North Bound Lane of Mountain Street at the North Alley on Tuesday (October 26th 2021) to complete the gas connection. This is between HomeTrust Bank and the North Alley at the railroad crossing. They will be flagging traffic which will slow down the flow until they are complete.
Main Street Update 10/19/21
Good Morning: The water line in the North Alley was accidentally cut. The water to some of those buildings might be interrupted for a bit. They are working on the repair right now. Thank you for your understanding.
Main Street Updates
Road Closure: The intersection of Pink and Main street will be closed on Monday October 18th, 2021 to allow the installation of the Main water lines. Thank You!!
Main Street update Week of Oct 11 - 15th.
The Main Water line will continue from Pink to Depot street this week and next. They will be closing Main street from Depot to Bates and then moving up in front of Pheonix and then come from Pink to Bates. The road is usually reopened in the evenings.
The Gas company will be finishing in the South Alley this week. They will begin working in the North Alley from The pink building to Mountain street all of next week.
The Sewer line construction will will be in the back behind Kingdom Fitness for a few days and down Pink Street.
Thank you again for your understanding! If you have any questions please contact the Main Street Office.
Main Street Update: October 8, 2021
There is a minor change to the water line installation on Main Street. They now will begin at Depot and run it to Bates street on Monday. This will be on the South side of Main Street. There will be times the road will be closed due to construction vehicles and equipment. .
Main Street Update: October 6, 2021
1. Monday October 11th, the city will be working on the power in the North Alley Way. The power will be turned off early morning and they will be installing a new pole at the rail road and pink Street. All of the merchants from Pink Street to Mountain street (IN THE NORTH SIDE ONLY), the power will be off until hopefully around 9:00 possibly noon. I have contacted all the stores. This is on the Home Folks side of Main Street.
2. The new water lines will be connected soon in the North Alley to those building who's lines are in the back. There shouldn't be any disruptions to businesses according to the contractors.
3. Due to new circumstances, the main water line from Pink Street to Depot street is now going to be in the front of the buildings. They will begin at Pheonix (Old Dollar General) building cutting the digging from Pink Street to Depot on main street.. There shouldn't be in street closures, but might be some flagged areas with equipment.
If you have any questions, please contact me at the Main Street Office.
Main Street Update: 9/28/2021
Public Notice: We will be closing Pink between the Rail Road Track and Main Street, between Alray Tire and Brunners Automotive Wednesday Sept 28th Thursday Sept 29 and possibly Friday September 30th to install the new waterlines for main street.
Main Street Update
OAK Street will be closes 9/15/21 - 9/20/21 to install a new manhole and sewer connections.
Main Street Update
Beginning today 9/15/21 Dominion Energy will begin laying the new gas service behind the buildings on South Mountain Street. This will be behind the buildings from the Chamber office to Rustic Roots.
Each building will need new "FREE" hook ups over the next few week. I will be by those buildings this week to discuss and make sure you are aware and explain the process and answer your questions. If you have any questions before I get to your location, please contact me on my cell or at the chamber office. David Day Downtown Director
Main Street Update
They will working on the waterlines at the rail road crossing at Pink and Main on Thursday 9/9/21 - Friday 09/10/21. They will be flagging the traffic.
Main Street Paving update 9/2/21
Main Street Update - 9/2/21. They will patching/paving in front of The Cherryville City Hall tomorrow Friday - 9/3/21. Traffic will be flagged .
MAIN STREET CONSTRUCTION UPDATE FOR NEXT WEEK
9/6 THUR 9/10
Monday we will be off. 9-6-21
We will be doing asphalt patching on W Main St from Mulberry St to S Mountain St.
We will be on S Mountain St doing the patch
Thursday 9-9-21 & Friday 9-10-21
We will be working on patching the holes on E Main St from S Mountain St to Pink St.
This is all based of weather.
These patches are temporary until the work is complete. New paving will be done once all the work on Main ST is completed to prevent it from being damaged.
The water construction will continue in the North Alley. .
August 25th, 2021
NOTICE: There was an UNMARKED ATT wire in the North Alley behind the YMCA. They are working on having this repaired now. 10:57 am 8/25/21. They might have to cut some power for a bit to that side of the street. PLEASE contact me at my office 7044353451. if you have any questions. Regards David Day
August 31th, 2021
Main Street Updated schedule for 9/01/21 tomorrow. They will finish 126 W Main and then move to 302 E Main. Thursday they will be working at 210/218 E Main. On Friday they will be going around adding rock to all their previous digs that have settled. Next week the plan is to patch all the areas that have b
een dug on Main and Mountain Street
August 20th, 2021
Notice: The crews were able to reroute the water line but not able to set the new manhole. We wanted to inform you that we will be extending the detour through next week 8/23- 8/27) to complete the work in HWY 274. (Mountain and Main) Hopefully the work will be completed by Wednesday of next week at which time we will open the road back to truck traffic. The only traffic allowed to pass now is local vehicle traffic.
August 18th, 20
Public Notice: August 18th, 2021. City of Cherryville, NC. The parking in the north alley between Mountain Street and Pink street to park in the spots up against the buildings, away from the tracks, they are going to start laying out for our waterline this afternoon and will be saw cutting Thursday and Friday. This notice to remain in place for the next few weeks while they lay the waterline in this area.
August 16, 2021
Reminder again the intersection of Mountain and Main will be close this week 8/16-8/21 to work on the manhole.
Sealand - Water ins
tallation - We will be digging in the North Alley in the vicinity of the Hometrust Bank. We will be obstructing their entrance off of Main Street, but they will have access through the mountain street entrance.
Sealand - Water Installation - We will also be backfilling at the 8 inch insertion valve on N. Mountain St, this won't affect any businesses, but we will be flagging traffic
August 10, 2021
ROAD CLOSURE - The intersection of Main Street and Mountain street will be close August 16 through August 20th, 2021 to allow work on the Manhole in the center of the intersection. Please watch for detour signs.
August 9, 2021
Good Morning: August 9-13, 2021 - Update for Main Street work!
Monday and Tuesday: Sealand - Waterlines will be working on North Pink Street and South Pink Street today and Tuesday. More updates will follow after our construction meeting on Tuesday at 10:00 am
Monday - Friday - Cajenn - Sewer lines - Working on Main Street all week.
Monday & Tuesday - Manholes at vacant lot on Main Street beside Mcginnis Furniture.
Wednesday - Service reconnect at 303 E Main
Thursday and Friday - Service reconnect at 126 W Main Street.
They will also have a crew working to finish up the North Alley.
Please watch for one lane roads through out the week. If you have any questions, please contact me at the Main Street office. Each dig is one step closer to our amazing new "Main Street".
August 3, 2021
Public Notice: The Drive Through entrance to City Hall, Cherryville NC will be closed to cars on Thursday, August 5th, 2021, to allow for Main Street work on the water system. You can walk up to the window, go inside or use the Kiosk.
WORK ON MAIN STET THIS WEEK: AUGUST 2nd THROUGH 6th, 2021
Monday 8-2: Working on Manhole at Jacobs street all day
Tuesday 8-3: Working On Manhole at Jacobs to Pink Street.
Wednesday 8-4: Will be a busy day: One lane road from Mountain to Pink most of the day. They are installing a new line between Oak and Mountain Street and 1/2 the road will be closed for 1/2 the day.
Thursday 8-5: Oak Street to Pink street continue working to installing clean outs. Possibly only 1 lane those
Friday 8-6: Work continues from Oak to Pink street possibly one lane roads.
They are going to try not to close the entire street if entirely possible. Thank you for your understanding.
July 21, 2021
Notice: The Mountain Street Entrance to Home Trust Bank will be closed on Thursday July 22 and Friday July 23, 2021 due to waterline construction. Please use the Mountain Street entrance. Thank you! David Day Downtown/Economic Development Director.
July 21, 2021
Main Street Update: The sewer revitalization project continues this week. They are continuing working o
n replacing manhole covers and connections. The Sealand company will be cutting areas to begin the waterline updates.today we will be digging pits for waterline insertion valves. They will be starting at north alley and N. Mountain St., then heading over to pink Street and North Alley, then we will be at Depot Street and Main Street. This will involve cutting areas in the pavement. Most of the work
is going to be in the Back North Alley.
If you have any questions please contact me at the Main Street office 704-435-3451 Thank You
July 19th 2021
Main Street Update: they
will be working underground this week on the sewage lines in following areas and days.
Today - July 19th: Mulberry to Mountain.
Tomorrow - July 20th: from Mountain to Oak.
Wednesday - July 21st: from Oak to Jacob.
July 12, 2021
We had our 1st city and contractors meeting today. We met at the Fire Department and it was well attended. We will be continuing to meet weekly while the revitalization of Main Street is in process or as needed. The following procedures were set in place.
All Main Street Merchants and Owners are to contact David Day 704-435-3451 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The contractors have been instructed if asked any questions to send all questions through David. There will be weekly post on this blog and also via our other forms of social media. The contractors will begin moving equipment into strategic areas this week but work will not begin until the 19th of July. You will be notified of specific dates and times where the work will be and what areas of Main Street it will effect.
July 8th 2021
Good Afternoon: Jus
t a brief Main Street Revitalization Update: We will be meeting with the contractors on Monday, July 12th, 2021 at 10:00 am for our 1st meeting. I will be posting on here the information and also on: https://www.cityofcherryville.com/post/grow-your-blog-community
you can always find this by going to www.cityofcherryville.com, scroll to the middle of the page and you'll see Main Street Revitalization updates. Or please contact me at email@example.com or 704-435-3451 at my office.
Thank you all!!
David Day Downtown/Economic Development Director
June 22, 2021
The construction for the main street project has begun.
gineering - Sewage Rehab
They will begin on Main and Mulberry street moving towards Depot street the week of June 21, 2021.
They will be going into each building, doing a dye test through the sewage system.
June 29th 2021. I received the schedule today about the Man Hole c
over construction and I wasn't aware until now.
June 29, the cover in front of Dr. Whites Building.
June 30, the cover in front of the Chamber Of Commerce.
July 1, the cover in front/beside Butter Me Up.
I spoke with the team leader and he said it would be possible for deliveries from
larger vehicles. They would help them get or maneuver through.
June 29th 2021.
I received the schedule today about the Man Hole cover construction and I wasn't aware until now.
June 29, the cover in front of Dr. Whites Building.
June 30, the cover in fro
nt of the Chamber Of Commerce.
ly 1, the cover in front/beside Butter Me Up.
ke with the team leader and he said it would be possible for deliveries from larger vehicles. They would help them get or maneuver through.